I’m always on the lookout for a no-knead bread. This recipe is perfect. Slightly sweet, easy to prep before bed and bake the next day! And let me tell you, once it’s in the oven- the smell is enough to have the neighbors asking for an invite!
I know this may seem daunting with all the time the dough needs to rise but I promise the final result is worth it! I made this twice in one week when I first discovered it!
Let’s get to it!
No-knead Cinnamon Raisin Nutmeg Bread
Total time: 10 min prep, 12-15 hour rise, 10 min 2nd prep, 1 hour 2nd rise, 45/50 min bake
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated panela or white sugar
- 2 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (120 g) raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (177 ml) canned coconut milk/almond milk
- 3/4 cup (177 ml) water
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, yeast, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins).
- Pour coconut milk, vanilla, and water into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until dough is well incorporated. The dough will seem slightly wet and that’s ok.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap or use a clean plastic shower cap. Let dough rise at room temperature for 12-15 hours. Let rise for minimum 12 hours, up to as much as 15-16 hours. Dough will double in size.
- On a floured surface, fold dough in two like a brochure.
- Roll dough into a ball, adding flour as needed, making dough smooth on the bottom.
- Let dough rise for 1 hour at room temp under a floured kitchen towel.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place bread in floured Dutch oven or similar pot or a rectangular shaped pan for loaves. Score top of loaf lightly with sharp knife.
- Bake for 45/50 minutes without opening the oven. Set a timer! Trust the process.
- Remove from oven, cool on a wooden board or rack before slicing.
-Serve toasted with butter or make them into French toast!
Can be frozen whole or in slices for enjoying later!