Lentils are great. I love lentils. I also love chili. This was my first time bringing these two together and the results were amazing. Not to mention PACKED with vegetables. We ate it for days! The best thing is you can also freeze it for later!
Lentil Chili Recipe
- In a pot on medium high heat, Add olive oil (only if not using meat). Add onion and tomato. Stir often until onions are translucent or about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add lentils and water. Enough water to cover vegetables and lentils. Add Bay leaf. Cook until lentils are soft. Do not add salt until lentils are soft!
- Add jalapeños and garlic to pot. Making sure lentils are soft to your preference, add seasonings: chili powder, oregano, cumin, and hot sauce. Add corn starch/flour thickener. Stir well.
- Add zucchini. Taste chili. Add salt, Worcestershire and vinegar. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in arugula. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve over white rice!