I love this sauce. I kid you not I made it for weeks and doused it on everything from eggs, rice and salads, to steak and empanadas. It’s packed with garlic and flavor and can be used on anything. If you love it as much as I do you might just spread it on a piece of toast like butter! Did I mention this recipe is super easy?
- 1/2 cup parsley (loosely packed, stems and all)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (loosely packed, stems and all)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 juice of a large lime*
- 4 cloves of garlic (more or less to your taste! Garlic makes this so good though!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes (more or less to your taste!)
- Rinse parsley and cilantro and dry with paper towels.
- Add garlic to bottom on food processor followed by juice of a lime, salt, pepper, and red pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to begin blending.
- Add remaining olive oil slowly until you have a creamy consistency.
If at any time it seems to bitter or sour, add a bit more parsley or cilantro to even out the flavor
*When picking your limes make sure they are smooth on the outside, they will juicier than the ones that have crater like holes around them!