My mom made this when I was a kid and my sister and I loved it so much we would eat it with yellow corn tortilla chips as a snack. Everyone thinks they have the best recipe of potato salad and cole slaw right? Well this one is the best. I promise you!
Thankfully my mom dislikes miracle whip just like me so this is not a sweet version by any means! It’s savory and slightly tart just like I like it.
Cole slaw goes so well with so many things because it provides a crunchy texture to items like chili, rice and beans or even a soft taco with pulled pork or fried fish.
Try it instead of your side of green salad and you might be surprised how well it pairs!
- 1 cup Green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup Carrots, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup of Mayonaise (not miracle whip!!
- Shred cabbage and add to a bowl with shredded carrots. Use a grater or slice into julienned pieces or sticks.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add 1/2 of the mayo at a time until creamy, adding more to coat well. It should be a light coat, not completely white.
Serve with corn tortillas or to accompany chili!