These are always a hit at any party or gathering and easy to whip up. I’m due to make some soon! My family loves them. They can be made with different toppings and will keep for a couple days if you don’t want to eat them right away once prepared.
Fancy Deviled Eggs
Serving: Makes 16 halves
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (not miracle whip!!)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
Toppings for you to choose:
- 2 small pickles sliced
- 2 stuffed olives sliced
- 4 leaves of parsley, washed
- 4 pinches of cayenne pepper
- Slices of pepperoni
- In large pot filled half way with cold water, add eggs in a single layer.
- In uncovered pot, cook eggs on medium high heat until water begins to boil rapidly.
- Turn heat off and cover pot. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- When timer goes off, remove eggs from water and run under cold water or place in bowl of cold or ice water.
- At this point you can stop and make the eggs the next day and store in fridge or continue. Peel eggs as neatly as possible.
- Slice in half on the vertical axis of the egg.
- Remove yolks and place in bowl then rinse whites so no residue is remaining and dry laying flat on a paper towl. Set aside.
- Add salt, pepper, mayo, mustard and Sriracha to bowl with egg yolks. Mix until creamy by hand or with mixer. No lumps.
- Using a piping bag or plastic zip bag used for food, spoon yolk mixture into one corner of the bag closest to a point and twist the top so it looks like a bag you would frost a cake with. Cut a small hole at the tip for piping.
- Arrange egg whites facing up and pipe egg yolk mixture inside, gently squeezing on the bag to get mixture out.
- Top with pepperoni, pickles, olives, parsley and cayenne, 1 piece on each egg.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can be served immediately or store in fridge for later.
Tip: I like to save the egg carton and cover it in foil and keep the eggs on there so they don’t roll around on a plate. I stick toothpicks in it and cover it with plastic wrap if I store it in the fridge, if there are any left, that is!