Quiche is one of those things that can be thrown together with whatever you have in your fridge or pantry. I’ve made so many variations of this and each one gets better.
With this recipe below you can’t go wrong with sausage and kale. I used a spicy Italian sausage that gave it such a great flavor! What’s even better is there is minimal fuss because the pie crust is ready for you to use.
You can find these pie crusts in the freezer aisle of many grocery stores including Whole Foods. They have a whole wheat version which is great, and both the white and whole wheat version are dairy free. Did I mention they come two to a pack? You can easily double the recipe 😉 Happy cooking!
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- Frozen pie crust
- 1/4 cup chopped spicy Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Cook and Cool sausage. Drain fat: pat with paper towels or strain and let fat drip out. Blanche Kale or sauté until bright green. When sautéing, add a small amount of water to pan, add kale and cover. No need to use oil. You can sauté onion if you choose but you don’t have to.
- Mix toppings: kale, sausage, onion with eggs along with salt and black pepper.
- Remove frozen pie crust from freezer, unwrap. Place on top of baking sheet. Pour egg mixture into crust. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 min. Test at 25 minutes knife, toothpick or cake tester for doneness. When removed it should be clean with no wetness.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve immediately! (Alternatively cool to room temperature, slice and store for later. Can be eaten cold).
To reheat: heat oven to 400°F, bake for 6 minutes.