When you love popcorn as much as I do, eventually you get to trying different flavors and toppings because it only gets better! The perfect snack for movie night or after dinner.
My love for popcorn is most likely inherited from my dad. He literally cannot go to the movie theater without it, and now, neither can I. I admit I’ve gone to the theater to only buy popcorn 2 or 3 times haha!
This one is a healthier, simpler version than going all the way to your local cinema but very tasty, too. I find it only needs a little bit of oil to get it going! The trick is to keep it moving so the bottom doesn’t burn.
Popcorn with Chili Powder
Serves 2 (Or 1 if you’re like me!)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- In a pot which has a lid, turn on stove to medium-high heat.
- Add oil and popcorn kernels and coat well.
- Quickly add chili powder and salt, stir.
- Once the first kernel pops, cover with lid.
- Let pop for 20 seconds without moving pot.
- Using potholder(s), grab handle(s) of pot and move it around so kernels move around in pot.
- Keep popping corn on fire until kernels pop further and further apart.
- Once corn is popping only every few seconds, turn off heat and move to another burner.
- Open cover and pour popped corn into another bowl and eat!