Remember that chimichurri recipe? If you need more things to pair it with- I’ve got you covered! This time we have a potato hash with various other goodies mixed in!
Sometimes I’m too lazy to add anything to the hash and other times I’m feeling like Cookie Monster and add all the left overs in my fridge. Here’s a happy medium.
Potato Hash & More
Ingredients for basic Potato Hash:
- 1 lb. (16-20 oz) of potatoes, medium dice
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Things to mix in (optional)
- 8 stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sausage crumbles, cooked and drained of fat (vegan or meat)
- 1/4 cup Red pepper, diced
- 2 tsp jalapeño, minced, pickled or fresh
- Dice potatoes into uniform bite sized pieces. Place in water as you cut so they don’t turn brown.
- Add diced onions and potatoes to a large wide frying pan with water. Mix potatoes and onions well and cover for 6 min.
- Potatoes should be turning translucent and water evaporated. Add olive oil. Stir potatoes until mostly cooked through. Cover to brown one side.
- Remove cover. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir for a few minutes until well coated and fragrant.
- Stir in toppings of your choice, heat throughly then remove from hash from heat.
- Place potatoes in serving bowls and spoon a helping of chimichurri on top.