I had some basil in the fridge that was about to go, a French baguette I didn’t want to get hard and a hungry belly.
When lunch needs to be quick, this is a great fix with plenty to fill you up. Now I was either so hungry I ravaged it or it was that good. You decide.
- 2 cans tuna, in water, drained
- 3/4 French baguette, toasted
- 2 large leaves of kale, rinsed, thick stems removed
- 1/8 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/8 cup red pepper, julienned
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in 3
- 1/8 cup onion, diced small
- 1 tsp basil, minced
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp margarine / butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cutting the vegetables and prepping everything so you can build your sandwich.
- Take tuna, mix with onion and half the basil, mayo, Sriracha, salt and pepper.
- Cut loaf in half, then slice an opening for better toasting. Toast bread until it is just starting to get crunchy. Spread with butter.
- Assemble sandwich. Place kale on bread followed by tuna. Top with carrots, red pepper, tomato, onion and remaining basil.
- Serve and ENJOY!