This is the BOMB. Need I say more?
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 7 cups broth (chicken, vegetable, seafood)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bulb garlic, finely minced (half for risotto, half for shrimp)
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 3/4 lb. shrimp, cut in half
- 8 slices bacon, cooked + crumbled
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In one pot, heat broth on low, you will use this in step five until the broth is gone or the rice is cooked. Keep on low until the end.
- In second pot, on very low heat, add olive oil, onion and half of the minced garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Do not brown or fry.
- Add arborio rice to pot and increase to medium heat. Stir until rice is coated and begins to turn translucent. Add salt.
- Add white wine to rice and stir constantly until wine is completely absorbed. Add a tbsp of margarine. Stir until melted.
- Next, using the warmed broth, add one ladle/one cup and stir until absorbed, just like the wine. Repeat using 5-7 cups, tasting the doneness of the rice at cup 4, 5, and 6. Rice should be chewy but not crunchy. Rice will be creamy and should stick to the back of the spoon when done.
- Add 1 tbsp of margarine, lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- While you’re on the 5 cup of broth, in a pan, add remaining olive oil, margarine, garlic and the red pepper flakes on lowheat. Once garlic turns translucent, add shrimp and cook until pink. Top with parsley.
- Add a few spoons of garlic oil from the shrimp pan to finished rice and stir well. Add a pinch of parsley and mix. Add salt as needed.
- Serve risotto in bowls, top with shrimp and garnish with bacon and parsley.