I tried this for the first time in Santa Marta, Colombia at a burger joint. It was the perfect dip for my side of fries. I knew I would attempt to replicate this at home because I just couldn’t get enough of it!
Suffice to say, it turned out excellent and it will definitely be my go-to accompaniment to any sandwich or fries in the future! I may even try it with tuna salad!
The best part is it comes together quickly! You will definitely be licking your spoon after trying this!
Tools needed: food processor or blender
- 5-7 large Basil leaves, washed
- 1/3 cup mayo (not miracle whip or any other sweet dressing)
- 3 cloves of garlic (more or less according to preference), ends cut off
- Splash of lime/lemon
- Splash of water if needed to thin mayo
- Place garlic, basil and mayo in processor.
- Blend ingredients, adding splash of lime/lemon.
- Add a splash of water if too thick.
- Serve as a spread on a sandwich or as a dip for fries.