They serve this everywhere in Colombia. Naturally I had to jazz it up a bit. Homemade fries make this so delicious AND I’m guilty for throwing the sausage in the fryer after the fries instead of using another pan. Oh well! It’s quicker and that means it’s in my belly that much sooner.
Salchipapa is basically hot dog or sausage and papa is french fry! Thus: salchipapa.
- Seasoned Fries (recipe here)
- 4 sausages, whole (sliced after cooked)
Optional dip: Basil Garlic Mayo or Ketchup & Mayo mixed together
- Once fries are finished cooking, add sausages to oil and cook until the outsides turn brown. Careful not to overcook.
- Slice sausages. Divide fries and sausages into two bowls.
- Eat with a toothpick or with your hands!