When you have really good hummus, you find yourself wanting to put it on everything. On sandwiches instead of mayo, a dollop on your salad, with your chips instead of salsa.
- 3 tsp Za’atar, 1/2 tsp for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil, a drizzle for garnish
- 1.5 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup chickpea water
- Spring of parsley for garnish
- Drain chickpeas, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid.
- In food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, za’atar and half of the chickpea water. Mix for 20 sec.
- Add remaining chickpea water and half the olive oil. Mix again.
- Add the remaining olive oil and mix until hummus is smooth.
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with za’atar and drizzle with olive oil. Top with a piece of parsley and voila! Enjoy with pita bread, on a salad or on your favorite sandwich.