Sundried tomatoes are such a great addition to any dish. I sneak them in whenever I can. Be sure to use oil packed ones, as they have a richer flavor.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, in oil
- 2 cups basil, loosely packed, remove most stems
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed, remove most stems
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Using a food processor, add parsley, basil, garlic, lemon juice, walnuts and sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Add approx half of the olive oil. Then mix.
- After ingredients are mostly incorporated, slowly add the remaining olive oil to the pesto.
- Serve with your favorite pasta dish or on a sandwich!
*Can be frozen in ice cube mold topped with olive oil for single serving use.